ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TheEngineer
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
Question to people with the Sigma 60mm 2.8 and Oly 75mm 1.8
4 months ago

Hi guys,

I have the Sigma 60mm 2.8 and find it to be a really great lens. It delivers fantastic images with great colors and excellent sharpness.

I find it to be a great combo with my E-M10 because somehow the Sigma performs better than my other lenses.

The IBIS seems to be working overtime because shots that I take at night at 1/10 of a second (or slower) with my Pana 20mm or Oly 45mm are far too often soft or blurred and I have to always zoom in and verify the results while I have a >95% keeper rate with the Sigma 60mm and I can just shoot without any worries. Also I noticed that the images I took with the Sigma at Iso 3200 somehow look cleaner, crisper and more detailed than images I took with the Pana 20 and especially Oly 45 under comparable conditions at only Iso 1600.

I am now considering to buy the Oly 75mm because a little more reach and a 1 1/3 stop faster would sure be welcome but I don't know how it compares to the Sigma 60mm in the real world. Especially the very nice and contrasty color rendition of the images and that its just such a good match for the camera IBIS- and result-wise makes me wonder if the 75mm is at least equal in that regard or if I should better keep the Sigma 60mm.

So I thought I'd check on the forum if there are some people with both lenses that can give me some advice on this based on their experiences with both lenses.

What are your experiences with the Oly 75mm vs. the Sigma 60mm?

TheEngineer's gear list:TheEngineer's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Olympus E-510 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 +8 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow