Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lefkop
Contributing MemberPosts: 679Gear list
Like?
Would like to ask the Forum's opinion on the 35-100 f2.8 and the 42.5 f1.2
3 months ago

So I have the have 42.5 in hand and have been using it for about 1 week. I am generally pleased with the results but can't seem to tame the call to try the 35-100 mm f2.8, I do already have the 45-175 so there is duplication of range to an extent. I purchased the panlecia for portrait and can't help thinking that 35-100 would also do an extremely good job for throwing DOF and its more flexible. For those who happen to own these two lenses what is your thoughts? I can return the 42.5 over the next few days.

Just for clarity btw I do professional work with too, its not all causal/family photography, I photograph actresses for the portfolio and IMDB pages. I purchased the GH4 because I also do cinematography work. I only mention this because I know folks will talk about the olympus 45 1.8, which is fantastic and cheaper but for maximum clarity it has to be stopped down a bit and its not imaged stabilized on the GH4. The Olympus 75 is too long. I also want the stabilization feature. So really for me its really about the 35-100 f2.8 vs the 42.5 1.2mm. Thanks forum for your thoughts.

Cheers,

Paul

lefkop's gear list:lefkop's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +11 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow