ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tony124
Junior MemberPosts: 46
Like?
Looking for recommendation for an entry level tele-lens for SL1/100D
4 months ago

Hi,

I bought a SL1/100D kit recently with the 18-55 STM lens (my first DSLR) and looking for a tele-lens. I don't plan to use the tele-lens very often, but I would like to have it on occasions when foot-zooming is not possible, for example shooting my kids swimming, or singing at school, etc. What tele-lens would you recommend for a DSLR beginner? I am thinking of the following:

- Canon EF-S 70-250mm IS II: used on ebay.de costs around 100EUR

- Canon EF-S 70-250mm IS STM: used on ebay.de costs around 250EUR, seems a bit too much for my budget, however it seems to produce quite better IQ than the non-STM version, especially at the high-zoom end.

I plan to take photos only, no videos. Are there alternatives that I should consider? I also looked at the Canon 18-135mm lenses, they seem nice to me, but too expensive and as a DSLR beginner I don't think I can make good use of those yet.

thanks,

Tony

Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow