Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
nevercat
Senior MemberPosts: 2,419
Like?
Re: It won't take years, just 1 year
In reply to Philnw2, 4 months ago

Philnw2 wrote:

nevercat wrote:

We will see that the mirrorless will take over in the end, but it will take a lot of years...

I agree with your comment, except for the last sentence. It won't take a lot of years

In the last CIPA report, for Jan, Feb March of 2014,

Column 4 is for Jan Feb Mar of 2014 compared to the same period a year previously.

A. DSLRs shipments were 82.7% for this 3 months from the previous year, 2.1 million cameras

B. Mirrorless shipments were 115.7% for this 3 months from the previous year, 0.7 million cameras

Read more at: http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/264497-mirror-less-cameras-hanging-their-sales-better-than-dslrs-per-cipa-2.html#ixzz34F50f5xI

So for ILC sales, mirrorless is currently about 1/3 of overall ILC sales. At this rate, mirrorless ILCs will exceed 50% of that sector in 2015, if not during the previous quarter. I currently have both a very good DSLR, the Pentax K3, and a very good mirrorless, the Sony Nex6. My preference is to carry the Nex6 the majority of the time - except when its raining or its for my theater work.

It is hard to predict the future and I do think that it take a lot more then just one year that mirrorless will take over. But first we have to define take over! When I said take over I meant that there will be more mirrorless cameras out there in use then DSLRs.  Look at the numbers, at the moment 1.4 milion more DSLRs are shipped then mirrorless cameras. That is a large number! Befor you can get more mirrorless cameras out there then DSLRs you need a lot of sales, that take some years, years where DSLRs will dominate the landscape.

http://www.cipa.jp/stats/documents/e/d-201403_e.pdf

-- hide signature --

Phil B
Pentax K-3(Best APS Camera) Nex 6, 5n, Epson R3000, 3880

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow