Flat view
Benjy2014
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Like?
Sony RX100 MIII - US to UK
6 months ago

Hi all,

First post on the forums, please be kind

So, I'm in the market for a new camera - If I'm honest I've never really owned a 'decent' camera, and these days I pretty much rely on my Samsung Note 3 Camera everywhere I go.  However, it's got to the point where my family now have a few SLRs between them, and the image quality from them are simply stunning.  As mentioned then, I'm in the market for a new camera - However I do not want to go down the D/SLR route, but instead want similar quality from a compact camera - Which has led me to the Sony RX100 MIII.

The reviews I've read on the camera, the spec, the lens, everything about it, seem absolutely brilliant.

The question I have for you guys then - Is it feasible that I buy the RX100 MIII from the States, and bring it back to the UK?  I have a friend who is heading out to the States in early July, and could potentially bring me back a camera for 2/3rds of the price it's likely to launch at here in the UK.  The only worry I have is if all the features etc. will work as normal?  The only things I can think to check are the AC Power Adaptor, which seems to go up to 240V so should be fine, and also the Sony Warranty, which I presume is World Wide warranty?  Is there anything I need to take into consideration if I'm planning on doing this?

Many thanks in advance

Benjy2014's gear list:Benjy2014's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow