Terrible photographer ruined a brides wedding, should I say something?

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
The Battery
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
Terrible photographer ruined a brides wedding, should I say something?
1 month ago

So I work for the American Wedding Group on the side and recently did a wedding as a second. I wanted to see the primary photog's images so downloaded them and almost had a rage aneurysm.  The image quality delivered was so incredibly bad, he would have been better off using an iPhone.  Just to make sure I wasnt being biased, I asked a co-worker who knows nothing about photography to look at the images.  She said that she would have cried and demanded a refund if she recieved these images...

At one point he was shooting at F/11, 1/1000sec at ISO-3200; in broad daylight!  (to put that into perspective, I was at f/2.8, 1/1250 at ISO 100).  He was shooting on a D300.

The reception was so bad the images are unusable.  He was shooting with a D50.  I started on the D50, and it was a fine camera, for personal use!  This is no where close to a professional camera!  Its ISO maxes at 1600 and looks terrible!!  He was at 1600 for most of the reception.

Oh, and settings aside, he made her look 25 lbs heavier!  Terrible angles, rolls hanging out, unfocused images, the list goes on and on...

So, what should I do?

The Battery's gear list:The Battery's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +2 more
POLL
Report him.
21.5% 17  votes
Talk to him and try to help him improve.
20.3% 16  votes
Do nothing.
58.2% 46  votes
  Show results
Nikon D300 Nikon D50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow