Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shutterbug013
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
What to buy next?
11 months ago

I do not really know how to say this so i am going to be blunt about it. I have saved up to buy something new for my camera kit. The problem is there are several things that i want/need but i can only afford 1 of them at the moment. (Eventually all of them will end up in my kit). There are 4 main things on my list which are listed below

1. Sigma 18-35 F1.8 - Really like this lens not only because its sharp and F1.8 but also it covers one of my favorite zoom ranges - would be my everyday lens and improve my landscape/nature and low light images.

2. Mindshift Rotation 180 Pro backpack - Like the design of this backpack and would enable me to carry extra gear. My current bag (Lowepro Photo hatchback 16L) barely fits my D7100, 18-105 and 70-200 - disassembled- (no lens on camera) and cannot carry anymore camera gear that isn't flat or nearly flat - speedlights, lenses, pocketwizards etc are out of the question.

3. Lee Filter set - I do a lot of landscape work including long exposure. Currently if i want to shoot a waterfall during the day i have to shoot with a polarizer and at f22 or higher which results is loss of sharpness and diffraction

4. Tokina 11-16 F2.8 - have not got a wide angle lens and this would enable me to do more landscape work as well as other situations where a wide angle lens is needed (milky way, real estate etc)

Other options that have also been considered include a stronger tripod to hold my 70-200 f2.8 steady, a panorama jib (would have to buy a whole new tripod with a ball head to mount it anyway) and a speedlight among others but these can be waved by as they are not as important at the moment.

As stated before i can afford all of them but only have enough funds to buy 1 at this point in time. Whilst I can continue saving and buy 2 things at once that would take a long while as I only work part time after school. In my opinion all have valid reasons and would be bought at once if i had the funds. So if you were in my position which would buy at a moments notice.

Thanks

Shutterbug013

Shutterbug013's gear list:Shutterbug013's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM | A +1 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow