Best photo gear with 10k dollars! Suggestions?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Dougbm_2
Regular MemberPosts: 278Gear list
Like?
Re: Best photo gear with 10k dollars! Suggestions?
In reply to GCampos1969, 3 months ago

My thoughts have already wandered from:

1) D800e (or its nearby replacement) with the Holly Grail and a very good macro lens and perhaps the 24mm TS;

2) A7r with Canon L or Nikon G lenses and a good adapter;

3) Pentax 645Z (still to be released) and a few older lenses

4) Keeping my A77, investing in a good macro lens and taking a good trip with the left 9.000 dollars!!

Well, that's been my thoughts.

Suggestions?

Besides, what would be YOUR CHOICE given the same oportunity (think of it as if you had NO legacy lenses to cope with)?

Thanks for your help and HAPPY DAYDREAMING!!

PS: people might ask why I didn't consider a Canon body in my daydreaming... I don't like its ergonomics. It's ME, nothing wrong with the system or cameras, just a "skin" thing... YOU may include whatever you think is worth considering in your daydream sharing.

-- hide signature --

Best regards,
GC

Tough question.

D800e seems very demanding on lenses and technique but has fantastic DR and IQ. Canon 5DMKIII is very good but more forgiving. For a lighter camera to complement it an X100s or RX100 MKIII would do very well.

Ok if it WAS me and it could not be Canon then D610 and Rx100III and whatever quality lenses I could afford for the D610 after that 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8 and 85mm f/1.8 or all prime if that's your thing. etc etc

Dougbm_2's gear list:Dougbm_2's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow