Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jeffrey Behr
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,111
Like?
Zony, Sony, and other lenses for an a7R...from a former Canonite
6 months ago

LOVED my 6D, 24-105/IS/L, 70-300/IS/L, and 18mm Zeiss ZE but bought an a7R a couple months ago.  I was so dazzled by the higher rez I kept it.  I tried to keep those 3 Canon lenses with a Metabones Mk.III adapter, but...

1. The 24-105/F4 was much heavier and larger than the Zony 24-70/F4, and the latter had superior optical quality, so sold that Canon lens.

2. The Zeiss ZE 18mm was rather soft with the a7R so sold it.

3. The Sony G 70-200/OSS looked too good to pass up so bought a new/used one from Japan and sold the Canon 70-300/L.

Also bought a Zony 55/1.8, and while I haven't shot it much, what I have looks REALLY good.  Ultrawide images I'll shoot with the 24-70 at 24mm and with vertical frames stitched in PS.  Haven't yet found an L-bracket for the a7R/BG, so I'll shoot those vertical frames handheld while braced on the tripod...which works surprisingly well.

I think my entire foto rig lost about 5 pounds and increased in resolution over the last couple months. 

I'm still astonished at the degree of improvement in resolution with the a7R system, and while it's still clunky for me to use, it's definitely a keeper.

-- hide signature --

Damned amateur fotografer trying to get a little more active again.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jeffreybehr

Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow