Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 2,644Gear list
Like?
TAv mode tips and tricks?
4 months ago

Had an unexpected chance at a second day at the zoo today, and just for fun decided to set the K-30 on TAv mode for the first time and leave it there for the whole day. (I have been working pretty much exclusively in aperture priority so far.) I haven't had a chance to download my images yet due to computer issues which are another topic entirely, but things look good on the LCD screen and I found working in TAv gave me a feeling of genuine direct control of my exposure and dramatically improved my shooting experience when moving in and out of different environments.  I can't wait to try it with a prime.

I'll share pics when I get a chance. (I sincerely hope I got at least a couple of good ones, since my favorite subjects, the African Painted Dogs, were in excellent form.)  But until then, does anybody have any advice for getting the most out of a K-30 set to TAv?

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow