Okay, Ollie 2 and Just a Photographer are correct. Let's talk about this now.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,641Gear list
Like?
But why raw?
In reply to mistermejia, 3 months ago

mistermejia wrote:

britcam wrote:

The x100 has a Bayer sensor, as has the X-A1.

You will find answers to most of your queries by posting on the LZ forum. It's a very capable piece of software, and free.

Equally, the X-E1 is a very straightforward and capable camera. Just needs the user to put in the time and effort to learn how to use it properly.

Huuu??? I am not sure if you are aware, but we are not talking about how to use the camera properly. We are talking about how some of the RAW converters for Xtrans are very bad. The cameras are wonderful, but apparently the software not so much. This is nothing new I guess, the one that's new here is only me and lately I have been discovering some interesting things

-- hide signature --

Regards
Rich S (britcam)

But seriously what is your reason to stick with RAW? I mean maybe you are well paid commercial photographer and RAW would be obviously necessary, but if you are using it for hobby there is no reason to force everything through raw then spend your time "developing" it. A good composition and subjects will make all the difference. The raw vs jpeg is just a technicality.

As for lightzone, - the best free program for editing by miles.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow