Just how different is IQ between XA1 and XM1?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,732Gear list
Like?
Re: Just how different is IQ between XA1 and XM1?
In reply to wazandreg, 6 months ago

wazandreg wrote:

There are as many reviews to say the IQ is better on the M1 as there are the A1. I tried both, and did notice a difference. The A1 is similar in detail and quality to some DSLRs I have owned. The M1, which I kept, is the better. The difference in price was about £100 in the UK and it is worth the extra for me. I notice more detail and just prefer the overall image quality. Each to their own but the M1 is a terrific camera. I have owned several DSLRs and cameras such as Sony NEX and none can match the images produced by the M1. Even better then the Nikon D5100 I had, and that was a good camera. I hope that helps.

When you do normal tests (normal photo in normal light) that I don't think there are that many people who will guess correctly which is which and if you don't allow pixel peeping then there is hardly a single person that can reliably pick A1 from M1. Honestly they would pretty much work equally for anybody.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow