Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JPTravels
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Which is better for me: RX100 III or Fujifilm X100S
2 months ago

I have a Nikon D300 DSLR, six years old and in perfect condition that I love.  I used to haul it everywhere, but that was pre-kids.  Now I need an easier to grab, easier to stash, easier to tote camera for the more frequent times when the multi-pound beast is just too much.

I'm comparing the Fujifilm X100S, for its larger sensor size (same as my D300), optical viewfinder, and extremely satisfying analog controls, to the new Sony RX100 III, with its compact size, zoom, and $500 price break over the X100S.  I live outside the US, and want a camera that helps me take great pictures, but also is slightly more unobtrusive than the DSLR.

What else should I be thinking about as I try to make this decision? Unfortunately, I'm in Africa now and have access to U.S. mail but won't have access to a camera store where I can compare the functionality of these two machines...so I'm relying on others' expert opinions.  Thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D300 RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow