Anyone able to disable the "shutter" sound of the X-E2?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nikolaj Lund
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
Anyone able to disable the "shutter" sound of the X-E2?
3 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am a professional photographer who works mostly within classical music.

This means that I for example shoot a lot of concerts. And as you can probably imagine, a classical music concert is a very sound delicate venue to work in.

I have been very happy with my Canon 5D mark III, which have the "S" mode (silent shutter). This is a very low frequent sounds, that has made my life a lot easier!!

But after reading a lot of great reviews of the Fuji system, I finally bought the X-E2 with a bunch of primes thinking that since there is no mirror, this camera has to be at least as quiet as my 5D!

But no! It actually has a more discant sound, whic I can not use in concert:-( Really too bad!! becourse I love everything else about working with this camera for documentary work.

So finally my question: Since it does not have a shutter, the sound most be partially electronical?! Right??! And then it should be able to make almost completely silent!?

Please!!! If anyone has a solution, share it with me:-)

A hugh thanks in advance!

Kind regards, Nikolaj Lund

Nikolaj Lund's gear list:Nikolaj Lund's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +8 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow