ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 3,298
Like?
UWA at Canary Wharf - 'Wider still and wider'
6 months ago

It was a beautiful day in London yesterday so I took a couple of hours out to trot the Panasonic 7-14 and the Samyang 7.5 FE down to Canary Wharf. It was too bright to do much outside but the underground station is a marvel of modern architecture and engineering designed by renowned British architect Sir Norman Foster, so it was a joy to shoot this set.

There are a couple of different entrances to the station, the main one is rather grand and the other is equally beautiful but on a smaller scale.

And if you're struggling to put your finger on that quote in the title, it's from the chorus of Land of Hope and Glory 'Wider still and wider shall thy bounds be set'. It's always good to have a little culture thrown in with the photos

Thanks for looking - I hope you enjoy these as much as I have enjoyed making them.

Samyang 7.5 - summer has arrived.

The next 4 pictures are taken at the secondary entrance

Samyang 7.5

Panasonic 7-14

Samyang 7.5

Samyang 7.5

At street level, its a short stroll around to the main entrance and ticket hall.

Samyang 7.5 - defished

Samyang 7.5 - defished

And finally, it's always hard to resist a shot of One Canada Square. This is the iconic building most people would associate with Canary Wharf (it has a roof shaped like a pyramid) Until recently it was for many years the tallest building in the UK but has now ceded that title to The Shard.

Panasonic 7-14

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------
"No matter how slow the film, Spirit always stands still long enough for the photographer It has chosen." - Minor White

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow