Contributing MemberPosts: 751Gear list
Like?
Re: The Economist article on mirrorless cameras
In reply to Jerry Fusselman, 6 months ago

Jerry Fusselman wrote:

JonTafferOfPhotography wrote:

Jerry Fusselman wrote:

that said, I think we are several years (3-8 years or more) away from mirrorless cameras that perform (viewfinder/AF) in low light like a DSLR.

Which DSLR performs as well in low light as a Sony alpha a7s?

-- hide signature --

Jerry Fusselman

so you are saying your EVF doesn't lag in low light?

really?

what about the difference in AF speed in lowlight? it's pretty huge compared to the difference for a DSLR.

these are just facts, don't be a fanboy.

Anyone can see that you specialize in civility, but I think you misread my post. I simply asked one question. I stated zero opinions. Indeed, I don't even own a Sony alpha a7s---very few people do---so we can't answer your question about EVF.

A single question combined with zero opinions is hardly proof of being that civil phrase, "a fanboy," is it?

-- hide signature --

Jerry Fusselman

Jerry - don't bother responding to JonTaffer. He has no interest in debate, his only purpose is to inflame via illogical arguments and condescending, patronizing jabs.  We've had more than a few of this type of poster in this forum.  Most likely, he's just another Nikon/Canon FANBOY, obviously insecure with the fortune invested in soon-to-be-antiquated gear.

This brand of dinosaur-ism was seen when digital began to overtake film.  The "old school" became threatened, panicked, then became nasty.  Mirrorless is a new brand of photography and there will be many who refuse to acknowledge it.

This response of his says it all:

not talking about ISO, I clearly said that.

no one has really cared about ISO since the nikon d3.

Ignore them, they eventually go away.

Dandrewk's gear list:Dandrewk's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow