Thanks to all contributors to my recent D90 vs. D7000/D7100 request, I made my mind up

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
G1Houston
Senior MemberPosts: 2,160Gear list
Like?
Re: I will order one too ...
In reply to Marla2008, 3 months ago

Marla2008 wrote:

To me the weakness of traditional cams is the lack of EVF and (in some cases) tilting screens (to shoot from the waist, not articulated to the side, that's good for video but rather useless for stills). Once you've tasted the goodness of full time exposure preview, it's really hard going back to relying on a meter...

That is true. I will miss the tilt screen since I love to photograph my kids at their eye levels. They are getting taller though … I am hoping that Nikon can implement this, plus a touch screen with touch AF, to all their cameras once its live view is close to industry standard, right now I would not be bothered using it on the regular basis.

I can live with the immediate feedback from EVF. I am glad that D7100 has a level gauge in the OVF, which i think will be very useful for me. Even the best EVF still has lag which makes it difficult to track moving objects. Rumor has it that Nikon is working on a D2300 with EVF, so it may be interesting to see how well its EVF works.

G1Houston's gear list:G1Houston's gear list
Nikon D90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow