ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Big Swifty
Forum MemberPosts: 73Gear list
Like?
New to DPREVIEW and Fuji X system
3 months ago

Greetings,

I'm in the same boat as another member who recently stated that he was into photography when it was film based, lost interest when things initially went digital, tired of the IQ of his point and shoot, and made the leap to a more serious digital camera with the X-E1.  Even though I have a decent little point and shoot that I bought for travel, I tired of not being able to capture the low-light images I often take and after briefly flirting with the idea of going Sony (Nex 6), decided on Fuji for the superior glass, better menus, and old-school ability to control settings with dials.  The camera's aesthetics was a nice little bonus.

I live in South America and purchased the X-E1 along with the 18-55 kit and 55-200 lenses on a recent trip back to the US.  I don't think the camera or lenses are available here and there're no camera super stores or ebay so I also purchased a few other accessories.  Of course I'm already looking at another few lenses and other things which will have to wait until my next trip back to the US.  If you do find gear here it's very expensive and Customs charges up to 40% of the items value + shipping.

Even though I'm still in the learning stages with the camera, RAW, and post processing, I have to say overall I'm quite happy with the X-E1 so far.  Coming from film/manual focus and Point and Shoot I can't really complain about the often commented upon focus issues.  I don't shoot sports or kids (much), mostly landscapes, architecture, and street so it's not really an issue for me.  As long as Fuji supports its' X class I figure to keep the glass and update the body every few years - I'll probably wait for the X-E3 or X-T2.  I'm also happy to have discovered this forum which has proven very informative and I've read great advice here on how to work with the X-E1.  I'm hoping to participate and at first will probably be asking more questions than offering solutions.  Please forgive any newbie type questions I throw at the forum.

Big Swifty's gear list:Big Swifty's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow