So is the RX100m1,2,3 shooting experience as detached as DPR says?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chiane
Senior MemberPosts: 4,058
Like?
So is the RX100m1,2,3 shooting experience as detached as DPR says?
1 month ago

For those that have come from DSLR's, do they have it right or wrong? And if right, can this be overcome by customization and experience with it?

I have only gotten to play with a mark 2 for a short time at a store, and between the size, slow power zoom, and spinning the lens dial to change settings, it seemed a little 'point and shoot' to me and maybe more designed by engineers than photographers. But I really didn't customize settings and get a proper feel in such a short time, so I refuse to judge it yet without more experience. For those that have that experience, did any of you start off like this and your opinions changed after getting to know it?

The specs for this camera are amazing and I know I would love that aspect, I also want to want to love to shoot with it vs. being ambivalent. I am also comparing possibly buying a Ricoh GR, which doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but the shooter experience is said to be its strong suit.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow