TZ60 does Anglesey / North Wales (Large post warning - 16 Images)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaveyBee
Regular MemberPosts: 253Gear list
Like?
TZ60 does Anglesey / North Wales (Large post warning - 16 Images)
2 months ago

Hi All, I've just got back from holiday on Anglesey and as promised, the following images show the capabilities of the TZ60 in various circumstances. All shot in Raw and processed in Lightroom 5.4 (apart from the panorama). I must admit, I am pleased with the results although I suspect pixel peepers won't be overly impressed with the sharpness of some of the images (hand held slow shutter / noise reduction in Lightroom). Weather was variable (overcast to unbroken sun), and a god time was had by all.  Captions are location information rather than anything more meaningful.

Please treat these photos for what they are, holiday pictures rather than pics that are supposedly technically or artistically perfect coz they aren't!

Dave.

Entrance to JPW Retail Centre at LlanfairPG as the place is known locally. The name over the door is the name of the village in Welsh and the English translation underneath.

I challenge you to pronounce this place name!

Main stairwell of Plas Newedd.

Main stairwell of Plas Newedd.

Entrance Hall of Plas Newedd.

Lady Anglesey's Bedroom - Plas Newedd.

Lord Anglesey's Bedroom - Plas Newedd.

Lady Anglesey's Drawing Room - Plas Newedd.

Lady Anglesey's Drawing Room - Plas Newedd.

The Britannia Bridge (road top deck, rail lower deck - main bridge between Anglesey and mainland Wales) from the grounds of Plas Newedd.

Rare-ish shot of the summit of Mount Snowdon (ht. 1087m) as it's not in cloud, from the grounds of Plass Newedd.

Rosa "Ann Aberconway" in the rose garden at Bodnant Gardens - I loved the subtle shades...

The Lily Pond and Summer House (Bodnant Gardens).

Pleasure cruiser on the Menai Straits at Beaumauris.

Pleasure cruiser with Snowdonia in the background about to moor at Beaumauris Pier.

Pleasure cruiser with Bangor in the background, moored at Beaumauris Pier.

DaveyBee's gear list:DaveyBee's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow