ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ManuB
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
I'm seriously in doubt about my next change
4 months ago

Hi,

I have been using Nikon DSLR for many years now, D50-D80-D300S-D700 and now D600.

My D600 is seriously suffering from ongoing oil on the sensor, even after cleaning, so I would like to change it.

Nikon is not offering something in it's line that is appealing to me, D610 has still the small AF area, the D800 is great but all of the shops I've been to seem to discourage me from buying one, bad build quality, pure studio camera, etc... Let alone the D4 or the DF.

The problem is that I invested in good glass a year ago, Nikon 24-70 2.8 + 70-200 2.8 VR2 + 50mm 1.8. Changing to Canon would cost me around 3200£ only for the upgrade to a 5D + all the same glass.

So, taking into account that I don't like the D610, what should I do? I only take stills, single shot, no sports but sometimes in bad light. I only shoot in Manual and Raw, so nothing fancy required. I tought about the D800 as I have the machine to handle these files and the storage to store them.

I'm lost ...

ManuB's gear list:ManuB's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +5 more
Samsung Galaxy Camera (Wi-Fi) Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony a77 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D800New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow