Thanks to all contributors to my recent D90 vs. D7000/D7100 request, I made my mind up

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marla2008
Senior MemberPosts: 2,381
Like?
Thanks to all contributors to my recent D90 vs. D7000/D7100 request, I made my mind up
1 month ago

I had the opportunity to borrow a D7000 for a week. Even though it's the D7100 I was truly interested in, I thought it'd give me a good enough idea of what to expect, in comparison with my trusty D90. Let me say I was impressed enough to actually order a D7100.

The main use for the camera is going to be schooling and competing jumpers. For the "trial", I had paired the borrowed D7000 with a Sigma 50-150/2.8 HSM II. I just loooove this lens, and it performed admirably, as expected.

What I really wasn't expecting though, was the real substantial leap in dynamic range. The lighting conditions were extreme, 30°C weather and not a square cm of shade anywhere, but though I had shot everything RAW+ jpeg, I didn't need to process a single RAW picture, as with Active D-Lighting set to Auto, the camera deliverd very well balanced images.

So for me there was a very real gain compared to the D90, and of course I'm expecting even better with the D7100's lack of AA filter, 24mp files, 51 AF points system (which I'm very familiar with as I had the D700 before), etc...

Thanks to all who gave their opinion of directed me to external links to articles, reviews, etc !

-- hide signature --

"If you don't have an expression, you don't have a shot" - Peter Hurley.
http://itsnotthecamera.wordpress.com/

Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow