Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
exdriver
Forum MemberPosts: 52Gear list
Like?
Best M4/3 Camera around $500 June 2014
5 months ago

Hey all it's been a while, but I'm finally serious about buying into the M4/3 ecosystem.
In the past 4 months I've barely gotten my DLSR out of it's bag in the closet, and have mostly been shooting with my wife's canon s110. She'll be using that herself though, so it's finally time for me to buy a new camera.

With our Wedding / Honeymoon coming up next month in Hawaii, I've decided to go ahead and pickup a M4/3 camera and some lenses. Should give my plenty of time to figure out the differences from shooting with my canon DSLR.

So while trying not to break the bank, and leaving myself some money for lenses, what does everyone recommend for a Micro Four-Thirds camera around the 500$USD range? We can go a little higher, but anything over $500 USD comes out of my lens funds.

FYI, I can get an Olympus E-PL5 with the kit 14-40mm lens for about $350 USD here locally, or the double kit lens with the 40-150 for around $450 USD. Almost purchased it tonight, but I figured the best bet would be to check in with all the awesome people here first.

Thanks in advance everyone for your time,

-Ex

exdriver's gear list:exdriver's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Canon PowerShot S110 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH
Canon PowerShot S110 Olympus PEN E-PL5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow