Started 5 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joshuay04
Junior MemberPosts: 36
Like?
Colorado with the A7R
5 months ago

I recently took a trip to Denver / Estes Park / Colorado Springs with my a7r and a few lenses. In my pack I carried the FE Zeiss 35, 55, 24-70. First off let me say the size and weight of this camera is a life changer, all of the following photos were taken while hiking my 17lb 10 month old on my back. My son enjoyed pulling on the camera strap from behind the whole ride so the portability and ease of using this camera is incredible. We all know this camera takes amazing photos, is incredibly sharp, and has great colors; I would just like to highlight the versatility of this camera and the resulting possibilities gained. The reduced weight of this camera allowed me to continue taking photos even while my son wanted to be held in one arm. If you are traveling on vacation with your family and do not have time to make a shot schedule, this is the camera for you. The following were all taken Memorial Day weekend 2014. The snowcapped photos were taken in Rocky Mountain National Park where the trail was covered by 9ft of snow. I am open to critiques, I am still new to using an EVF.

Garden of the Gods

From Sprague Lake

Garden of the Gods path

Glacier Vally

Nymph Lake

Nymph Lake facing back

Hiking down

Denver

My wife took this one with her camera. This is only to show my little passenger and the struggle I was mentioning earlier!

Joshuay04's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
okay
Studio / still life
good
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow