Best photo gear with 10k dollars! Suggestions?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GCampos1969
Forum MemberPosts: 72Gear list
Like?
Best photo gear with 10k dollars! Suggestions?
4 months ago

Hi there,

I'm retired. THANKS GOD!!!

Well, let's begin again...

I retired after a long hard working live, but still am very young and have had photography as a hobby for the last few years. I decided a few years ago to embark in the SLT Sony system - I really enjoy the EVF (I know, I know... spare me the lecture about the advantages of the OVF, ok?), the focus peaking and the articulated LCD screen (makes live much easier on my tired knees and back). But, now I feel sort of betrayed by Sony... I see the Alpha line in a dead end and I'm really worried about jumping into a system so "green" as the new Sony mirrorless FF cameras and its scarse lenses (and I'm not alone in that... so is Sigma and Tamron).

Since my retirement I've being thinking about getting into the comercial (mostly product) photography. And since I don't HAVE to make a living out of it, I can take it slow and steady. But I feel that my gear (a Sony A77 with a few lenses, none FF compatible) is not "on pair" with the new task. Wondering about getting much better lenses (FF "ready") and upgrading to the A99 or even the A7r, I thought what would be other people's choice giving or taking a budget of US$ 10.000 to invest exclusively in camera and lenses.

My thoughts have already wandered from:

1) D800e (or its nearby replacement) with the Holly Grail and a very good macro lens and perhaps the 24mm TS;

2) A7r with Canon L or Nikon G lenses and a good adapter;

3) Pentax 645Z (still to be released) and a few older lenses

4) Keeping my A77, investing in a good macro lens and taking a good trip with the left 9.000 dollars!!

Well, that's been my thoughts.

Suggestions?

Besides, what would be YOUR CHOICE given the same oportunity (think of it as if you had NO legacy lenses to cope with)?

Thanks for your help and HAPPY DAYDREAMING!!

PS: people might ask why I didn't consider a Canon body in my daydreaming... I don't like its ergonomics. It's ME, nothing wrong with the system or cameras, just a "skin" thing... YOU may include whatever you think is worth considering in your daydream sharing.

-- hide signature --

Best regards,
GC

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800E Pentax 645Z Sony Alpha 7R Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow