Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Landscapephoto99
Senior MemberPosts: 2,520
Like?
Why not more IBIS?
5 months ago

Why don't more brands have something like IBIS?   After more than 2 years I'm still awed every time I take an indoor shot with my E-M5, even of people, at 1/15 of a second ISO 200, and get great results. Sony's is moving away from the Alpha serious which does have it and toward the e-mount which doesn't. Pentax still has it and I respect them for it. But Fuji, Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, not on the horizon.

Even if the Fuji X-T1 is an amazing camera, but who cares if one is forced to take photos at 2 or 3 f stops higher ISO than I'd have to with the OMD series. I'd rather have my E-M5 or if I was going to earn more money from photography, buy an E-M1.  I'm aware that IBIS doesn't matter with say photography of football at night or race cars, requiring high shutter speeds, but it helps in more situations than I expected.

Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow