Flat view
chicoes
Regular MemberPosts: 242
Like?
Pictures and purpuse
4 months ago

Posted it in the Off Topic but would like to hear some more opinions

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53810612

Just a thought I'm having for a while and curious to hear some opinions about it. I know it might sound like a stupid thought, so please bear with me here. After all, its the off topic section

I wanna be clear first that I am talking about People who are NOT professional photographers and making money from photography. I am talking about the ones that it's their hobby.

So people like that which spend a lot of money on cameras and all the extra gear, usually have hundreds if not thousands of pictures on their computer. What are you doing with all the pictures? I highly doubt you just sit every day or once a week going over the pictures, and even if you do, you probably go over it fast. I am not talking about pictures of family and friends which can be used to bring up memories in later years, but more like scenery, birds, water, flowers, buildings, different objects etc. Its basically like collecting stamps. You collect it, look at it sometimes and that's about it, only the difference is that photography costs money, and sometimes a lot of it.

I guess if I had to ask it in a bottom line question, I would ask, is it worth it to you? spending the money, taking pictures and let them lie down on your computer without really doing anything meaningful with them?

I am one of those people btw (just not spending a lot of money on cameras) so thats why Im asking.

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow