Need Advice on Landscape!! Forthcoming Day trip.

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
R V C
Regular MemberPosts: 377Gear list
Like?
An enjoyable trip! This is what I got.
In reply to R V C, 3 months ago

Hello Friends!

I am back from the trip, and i must say it was a very enjoyable experience.

I would like to thank Ollie2, Richard, Olydude, Ido S, Michael, Kalrno, Sergey, Vlad, Glen, Geoff, Isca, Gowex and John for taking the effort to give me advice and suggestions. I really appreciate it. (please excuse if the results are not astounding, I am still leraning)

The day was bright and sunny, with beautiful clouds and blue skies.

My Impressions.

Damn. Landscape is really tough, I mean really really tough. Somany things to think of and execute, but an enjoyable chalange. I got myself a CP Filter and it came in good use (thank you for suggesting it). I am also glad I did not go for the Grad Filters (too much to learn and I had my hands full).

I am posting some of my pictures here. All pictures are OOC with some cropping. Please feel free to C&C honestly.

Hope I did a good job! (atleast a decent one)

1) Thought of using the cut out crop lines as lead lines, and the harvester in the the foreground, but did not work(the harvester took up too much space, so tried to keep them a little further away and use the rule of thirds, that did not work either but this is what I got. (with CP)

2) I know this is a little boring but I was struggling to find objects for the foreground. The only thing that i find intresting int his picture is the shadow and sunglight so clearly demarkated across the paddy field. (with CP)

3) While walking around the town I finally found something of intrest and i feel this is a decent job. (but maybe I am using lead lines a little too often?) ( Grany art mode)

4) Deserted street with a street dog. ( Grainy art mode)

5) Sunset on the way back. If i could PP, I would just lighten the metal rail on the left to stand out a little more) using Pop part mode.

Thank You

-- hide signature --

"Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly until you learn to do it well."
-- Zig Ziglar

R V C's gear list:R V C's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow