Nikon D4s: Bayer processing breakthru?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,694Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D4s: Comparing the DPR test images
In reply to jennyrae, 2 months ago

jennyrae wrote:

do not know if you told people that color perception also vary from person to person. even say certain ethnicity or race look at color differently and see much color better in real life. it is not simple as looking at B&W or infrared. color sensitivity can be tricky.

I in agreement that colors is much of preference whether true to life, abstract or overcooked. this is reason why people choose different cameras and lenses to which effect optical sensory perception of colors. objective in a subjective way.

Of course it is - color perceptions varies for a lot of reasons, physical and psychological.  However, when you have 15 students that have reached a certain level and think they know something and want to demonstrate it by ripping other's photographs because their color is "wrong" or "not realistic," etc., you need a "come to Jesus" moment so they will shut up and hopefully learn something.

There is a reason that the only color images I print are those my wife demands. Even then I have been known to tell her "this looks much better in B&W" - take it or leave it.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow