Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
richardsealane
Senior MemberPosts: 1,149
Like?
Night Pyro Shoot, What Would You.......
2 months ago

My neighbor invited me to his photo clubs  night  pyro shoot at Scripps Pier in La Jolla, CA last night. I never shoot at night. About 20 photographers attended. I was totally unprepared and didn't know what to expect.The member running the shoot had a rope or belt about 5' long to which he attached  the flammable material, which when ignited lasted for 15 to 20 seconds.(which I did not know)

The procedure for each shot was as follows. Ther rope holder took up a position. He was lighted up by a flashlight and everyone focused on him and then set their shooting parameters.I always shoot in A mode and the thought never occurred to me to shoot in S mode !!!! How Dumb. I used ISO of 400. After a few shots which were 2 to 4 seconds , I made adjustments to increase the shutter duration to 10 seconds ( should have tried for 15sec).

Very interesting evening, How would you go about shooting this ?Here are some images with no PP.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow