Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
richardsealane
Senior MemberPosts: 1,436
Like?
Night Pyro Shoot, What Would You.......
10 months ago

My neighbor invited me to his photo clubs  night  pyro shoot at Scripps Pier in La Jolla, CA last night. I never shoot at night. About 20 photographers attended. I was totally unprepared and didn't know what to expect.The member running the shoot had a rope or belt about 5' long to which he attached  the flammable material, which when ignited lasted for 15 to 20 seconds.(which I did not know)

The procedure for each shot was as follows. Ther rope holder took up a position. He was lighted up by a flashlight and everyone focused on him and then set their shooting parameters.I always shoot in A mode and the thought never occurred to me to shoot in S mode !!!! How Dumb. I used ISO of 400. After a few shots which were 2 to 4 seconds , I made adjustments to increase the shutter duration to 10 seconds ( should have tried for 15sec).

Very interesting evening, How would you go about shooting this ?Here are some images with no PP.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow