Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
LynniePad
Contributing MemberPosts: 844
Like?
Re: I support your idea
In reply to Zvonimir Tosic, 5 months ago

Zvonimir Tosic wrote:

I think the idea is wonderful and there should be more basic kit offerings:

• camera plus unique quality zoom (not exceeding f4)
  • camera plus quality prime lens
  • camera plus prime and zoom from above, etc.

Standard zooms are boring, everyone does it, and I am personally sick of seeing everyone doing same in this industry. When everybody does the same, then everybody is basically wrong too.

Madamina, il catalogo è questo; Delle belle che amò il padron mio; un catalogo egli è che ho fatt'io; Osservate, leggete con me.

I know what you're getting at, but the effective price of the so-called basic kit lens is close to zero. When I bought my Nikon, I would have saved $2 by getting a "body only" deal. It may have been a pricing anomaly, but the cameras were in the same display case.

The problem with your argument is that kit lenses are surprisingly good. The 18-55mm Nikon particularly so. Recent Nikons have come with the 18-140mm zoom, and that's the sort of lens that people are after. Many enthusiasts would be pleased with a 35mm prime, but I know that the general public wouldn't be too happy with the idea. Camera shops sell heaps of cameras with 18-270mm zooms, and I guess that you wouldn't be too thrilled with one of those.

Anyhow, we all have to have a range of lenses, and it doesn't take long to build up a catalogo. I'm not quite up to Mille e tre, but then I'm not going to Spain.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow