Just throwing this out there, Fuji has a long way to go when it comes to Flash.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
akin_t
Senior MemberPosts: 2,735
Like?
Just throwing this out there, Fuji has a long way to go when it comes to Flash.
3 months ago

By the lack of complaints on this issue, I can only imagine many people using the Fuji X system aren't too keen on flash.

I'm coming from Canon, where even the 7D had the ability to command 3 groups of speedlites from the built in pop-up flash.

I could honestly live with going out to buy radio triggers and what not (it's not a deal breaker for me since the X-E1 was just an amazing deal), but what kills me is the lack of documentation on Fuji's flash system. Nothing is explained. Nothing at all. It's pretty much been trial and error by the community in figuring all this stuff out.

What does "Commander" mode do? It's not explained in the manual, neither is the fact that there's almost no TTL explained in the manual either. I have no qualms about using manual flash (I actually prefer it) but only purists and snobs will say TTL doesn't have its place.

So please Fuji, do something about your Flash system, I'm loving everything else about the Fuji-X system but their flash situation.

Anyone else feel the same?

Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow