help me choose as i'm entering the world of dslr cinematography. I have planned to buy a nikon D5200

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RokrBoy
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
help me choose as i'm entering the world of dslr cinematography. I have planned to buy a nikon D5200
1 month ago

hello everyone, i'm entering the world of dslr cinematography.I have planned to buy a nikon D5200 as my first camera.help me.!!

greetings to my fellow creative artists.

after a lot of brainstorming, visiting showrooms (till everyone there not wanting me to be there.) and bugging all my friends and couple of professionals I have decided to land on a nikon d5200 next month. as it is with a newbie buying dslr i haVE MY DOUBTS.

I'm a video editor and a special effects artist so here is what i will use the camera for.

after a lot of brainstorming, viiting showrooms (till everyone there not wanting me to be there.) and bugging all my friends and couple of professionals I have decided to land on a nikon d5200 next month. as it is with a newbie buying dslr i haVE MY DOUBTS.

* my total budget is INR 50,000 or USD $900.

* I have a decided to get a Nikon D5200 becausae it is going to be my 1st dslr and for its pricing and performance its a descent buy.

* i will be buying a 50mm 2.8f afs lens from nikon along with it

* as months pass by i will keep buying better lenses.

* i plan on using this camera for 2 years and then upgrading to a canon 5d mark iii or equivalent nikon ( i know... i know.. m getting nikon lenses ..but hey i wanted to get a canon 60d but its not worth the price and 70d is killing ma pockets.. i'm not a brand lover but a camera lover. if it meets ma needs i get it and live the moment)

* when it comes to photography i will be doing a lot of portrait, nature, product, macro, bird and street photography. (lets just say if i see it and love it,i click it)

* as a professional video editor u may have already guessed I will shoot short movies,music videos, profile videos and corporate videos.

so thats what i will be doing i think you all have a pretty good idea of what i will do with my buddy niky.

• so here are my doubts

* is nikon d5200 the best option availabe for the price range?

* I have handled a canon 600d, canon 5d mk ii and canon 60d and i loved 5d a lot. compared to them as a long term user how do nikons fare? (no offence nikon lovers but im silly and ignorant.appologies)

* are nikon lenses good when it comes to price to performance ratio.?

* I have seen the upgraded version i.e nikon D5300 and checked it out in a showroom. I liked the cool GPS & wifi features (not my necessity) but is it really worth paying extra for it while i can get a 50mm lens for the same amount of money.?

* should i really buy a 2 year old camera or simply shed the extra cash and buy the latest D5300 and wait for buying lenses in later months.?

* i really dont wanna go for nikon d3300 as i neeeedddd the swivel screen and a semi pro dslr.?

* compared to bangalore showrooms im getting a better price deal in flipkart. can u suggest any shops in bangalore where i can visit and gain better deals likes filters and stuff.?

* i will be buying the camera in july as a birthday gift for myself so i really wanna make it something special and keep the camera all the while. so any advice on buying is whole heartedly apreciated.

* along with the camera i will be buying a lowepro photo hatchback 22l aw camera bag (flipkart) is it worth it or do you have any better backpack recommendations?

* my next upgrades for the camera are

1] Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55 - 300 mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Lens

2] a good speedlight flash

3] is it good to get a 85mm block for portraits

4] what other accessories do you find useful

5] any good tripod recommendaions please

Thnanks a million for giving me your precious time and helping me out.peace out..!!

'ART IS NOT MY LIFESTYLE BUT LIFE ITSELF'- ROKRBOY

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 60D Nikon D3300 Nikon D5200 Nikon D5300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow