Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Akar
Senior MemberPosts: 1,274
Like?
My visit to Scotland
2 months ago

As I see, Scotland is the popular destination last days. Heye, Wim, fortunately I also had opportunity to visit this beautiful country. I spent almost a week in Edinburgh, with two exciting trips to Dinston distillery (through Stirling) and Quinsferry. Although I came back about three weeks ago, I'm still under impression. Edinburgh is stuning. Its historical part is small enough to walk through, even without map, without being tired and big enough to not be bored after few days. It's full of attractions, big and obvious and small, hiden somewhere along the Royal Mile - the axis of the Old City. I would like to present some of my impressions, maybe it will interesting to you.
For the beginning the Ediburgh Castle, considered as the most important monument and the biggest (in any mean btw.) attraction in the city:

Edinburgh Castle

Most of the streets in the city goes up and down:

The city centre is full of moody nooks and views, like this:

and this:

or this

Sometimes funny, like this:

Maybe it's not too late?

Like Heye I also found the Husband Day Care Centre, this time with tourists, which obviously like the idea:

One of the attractions, which I liked most are so called closes, which mean narrow, mysterious, often steep passes between two places, usually streets. There is a lot of them along the Royal Mile:

In the bar I protected against the heavy rain I found such proverb:

It couldn't be more on time, it got a lot of whiski that evening.

Visit to Dinston distillery, easy accesible from Edinbyrgh was also a great experience. According to what I red it is one of the very few, where photography is allowed. Here you can see the stills room,

and absolutely stuning warehouse:

The last day of my Scotland's trip I spent in Qeensferry, where I admired the Queensferry (Rail) Bridge, the result of the 19'th century engeneers' genius. Lasting 10 yeras renovation works have been finished in 2012 and now the view of the bridge is breathtaking:

The city of Qeensferry is very nice too.

I hope you like these few pictures presented here. If you'd like to see more, please visit my site:

http://mojefotki.net/index.php?album=76

All pictures were taken with Pentax K5, handheld, even in low light, with the shutter speed as low as 1/4 sec. The camera performed wery well. Lens used were DA 17-70/4 or DA 12-24/4.

Andrzej

-- hide signature --

'This is not that serious.. let's all have fun'
http://www.mojefotki.net
Take a look!

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow