Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cxsparc
Senior MemberPosts: 1,410
Like?
Small cash - big change in IQ: Polarizer on A6000 & 1650
2 months ago

Hi, when cleaning up my photo stuff cabinet, I stumbled over polarizers I used on my film cameras. Intrigued, I bought a new Hoya circular polarizer for 49mm and 15 Euros (I use a step up adapter from 40.5 also to mount the lens hood of the 1855 on the 1650 lens). It is interesting that while we argue about minute changes in IQ between camera A and B, larger changes are between lenses especially with different focal lengths (hint: get more lenses, not cameras ), and that even cheaper additions to your equipment will result in a much more dramatic change in image quality.

The filter costs about 2 stops of light and can therefore als be used as cheap ND filter. Most useful in harsh sunlight that usually washes out colors to a strong extent and reduces contrast. Resolution is not affect to an extent visible to me.

I cropped the following shots to the interesting parts to speed download.

Polarizer set to maximum effect

No filter

-- hide signature --
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow