Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mikedigi
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,435Gear list
Like?
Autogyro, 3 pics, FZ200
5 months ago

Went to the Throckmorton Air Show (UK) yesterday, took 175 pics, deleted 165. The light was mainly dull, Health and Safety dictated a big gap between us and the action and all the pics I took at 350-600mm EFL were soft and noisy. My panning was not smooth enough, and I was surrounded by people with enormous cameras and 3-foot lenses.

I came away feeling suitably humble (no bad thing) and looking forward to returning to my comfort zone, like shooting details of woodwork projects in my workshop.

Although I used 100 ISO, 9 of the 10 pics I retained needed Noiseware and Picasa.

Peter Davies has probably been the best known autogyro pilot at Airshows for decades, I remember him about 30 years ago in a tiny, home-built, fully open autogyro, bombing a live, running person on a grass airstrip with paper bags of flour. What fun we had, back in the day.

Yesterday, he was in a tiny, modern, manufactured autogyro, weighing 550 pounds, without bags of flour:

From the little I know about autogyros, I think he was pushing its limits here - apparently they are dangerous upside down.

How Hatstand gets his plane pics, I have no idea.  I suspect he scans them out of flying magazines . . .  

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow