Okay, Ollie 2 and Just a Photographer are correct. Let's talk about this now.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,922Gear list
Like?
Okay, Ollie 2 and Just a Photographer are correct. Let's talk about this now.
6 months ago

Okay, now that i loaded Lightzone for free, i see EXACTLY what you are saying. Yes, the colors are different and better with a much better Fuji look. Yes, now i do see the difference in Lightroom 5. I am embarrassed to say that LR does look pretty bad with the xtrans files.

I am not an expert on Lightzone and obviously I have only spend a couple of minutes with it. BUT I am having a small problem in Lightzome and I see a HUGE difference somewhere.  When I click on BROWSE, the photos do look perfect there as if they were straight jpegs. BUT, why is it that as soon as i click on EDIT the photos get TOTALLY screwed up??? The color changed completely and why does the highlights also look screwed up and overblowned? I am really lost here! Is there a trick to this?

I mean, why edit the damn photo when it looked SERIOUSLY PERFECT when i was viewing the photo in BROWSE?

Now, after I have tried three RAW converters and by now i have seen some SERIOUS differences here and freacky things happening when clicking on the EDIT or DEVELOP modules.

So, now my question is, WHY THE HELL SHOOT RAW with the Xtrans sensor? Seriously man, as long as i don't clip my highlights and if I use external flash to fill light, I am better off just shooting jpep. This is all a bunch of baloney!

At this point in time, I am starting to feel that i have a USELESS piece of machine on my hands (the XE1) based on what i am seeing.

What other new Fuji cameras have a Bayer sensor? I am going to have to decide what i am going to do, if sell the XE1 to get something else, or just stick with the XE1 and shoot jpegs, or leave and go to K3 or Canon 6D.

This last couple days have been a real eye opening. At least i did returned LR5 to get my $78 refund. But of course i did leave the software in my PC

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow