Asking for some honest landscape photo feedback (it's ok to be harsh)

Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ngtszhodavid
Contributing MemberPosts: 631Gear list
Like?
Asking for some honest landscape photo feedback (it's ok to be harsh)
6 months ago

Hi guys,

I'm a hobbyist in HK and only get time to travel maybe once a year or every two years away from the cosmopolitan type of city which is where I stay.  I treasure every trip I get to take and hence wish to capture fully the beauty of the scenery whenever possible.

On a relative basis, my wife and friends thinks I take relatively better portrait photos than landscapes. I always wondered what I could have done better or what might not look right and hence asking for your opinion.  I've managed to dig through and locate some photos that I liked in the past few years and share it here.

Given the fact that I can tell there are many D800/D800E users here and likely landscape photo experts, hopefully I can get more constructive but yet candid feedback from you all. (and yes, feel free to be critical and harsh too! Cuz I'm here to learn and not to earn 'likes' )

Snowtown - Sheep Grass Mountain - Dawn

Snowtown - Sheep Grass Mountain - Tree entrance

Changbai Mountain - Sky pond

Changbai Mountain - Sky pond from the Northern side

Frozen Waterfall pond

wheat field

Lord of the rings

Winter

Wuson Island

isolated

Sichuan valley

river

Yading Mountain Tip

Yading mountain

the passage

after the storm

small town en route to  yading

the yading plateau

reflection

yading

daocheng

ngtszhodavid's gear list:ngtszhodavid's gear list
Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow