Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bobby Handal
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,199Gear list
Like?
GX7 in a Greek Dream Vacation w/ Dream system
6 months ago

Hello. I purchased a GM1 and right before my vacation in Greece I purchased a GX7. I took the 14mm panasonic, 7-14mm panasonic, 7.5 Rokinon fisheye, 14-150mm Olympus and the 75-300mm Olympus a very compact system perfect for vacation. I took plenty of sd cards and a travel carbon fiber tripod.

Here I posted my photos with the GM1:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3681219

The GX7 is larger than I expected, because I already owned the GM1 I knew what to expect with the user interface which is awesome, very well thought out . Missing on this camera is a GPS .

Since the photos will be mainly for web and for printing my usual book, and knowing the great high ISO capabilities of the GX7 , I went ahead and put AUTO ISO in the majority of the time.

I had one camera with either the 7-14mm or the fisheye, and the other camera with the 14-150mm or the 75-300mm. The GM1+ 14mm was used when wanting to go super light, or to what I considered dangerous areas.

I have read that both the GM1 and GX7 have the same engine and photo quality, but I don't know if its my imagination but it seems that the GX7 IQ is a touch better, dont know.

One thing I do know is that the high ISO improvement is great on these cameras, very impressed.

If you have any questions or comments , critiques, welcome.

Best regards,

-- hide signature --

www.photoexpedition.net
www.fotoclubhonduras.com

Bobby Handal's gear list:Bobby Handal's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +47 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow