Is it shutter shock? (Need help choosing between EM10 and EM1)

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Saul Godwin
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Is it shutter shock? (Need help choosing between EM10 and EM1)
2 months ago

I took some time to play with new cameras a Sammy's last week.  I'm deciding on either the EM-1 with 12-40 and 75 1.8 or EM10 with 12mm 2.0 and 75mm 1.8.  I already have the 45 and 17 1.8s for my EP-3.  My main problem with the EP-3 is noise.  I've just never really been happy with the IQ as an upgrade over my E-1.

I had pretty much decided to go with the EM10 and save the 600$ because I like the smaller size and don't need weatherproofing.  (if I have to take pictures in the rain I'll always have the E-1 for that!)  But when I got the pics home and started looking at them on my computer I was shocked.  Although I was just casually pointing the cameras in random directions and shooting in the store, almost all the EM-1 were in sharp focus but the EM-10 had about a third of the pics in poor focus.  Here's an example below.  Is this shutter shock?, 3-axis vs 5 axis?  Maybe its because I tended to hold the lighter camera with one hand.  But I guess I am surprised and am wondering if maybe the firmware needs updating?  I would think either IS system would give sharp pics at 1/160 sec.

Any thoughts?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow