Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Happy Jones
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
For me A6000 + 55-210 not good for action
4 months ago

I admit I am not the best at this stuff so this may not apply to you.  I set the A6000 up with all the proper settings recommended here and switched it to AF-C.  The little PDAF focus boxes which I like were constantly showing what should be in focus.  Much of the time they were wrong.  Here is what happened.

This should have been easy.  I pre-focused on home plate, but more than half the images would go wildly out of focus.  Here you can see it out of focus - in focus - back out of focus.

Here is another example.  It starts out in focus - next are out of focus.

I tried everything I could all morning and the same thing happened over and over.  Maybe it is something unique to this camera. Maybe you will get better results.  I can only say that after 2 hours of trying I could never get continuous good results.  I also learned that after a burst the camera would be unable and say "writing to memory card".  It is a new card and one of the fastest I could find so I can't blame the card.

I wish everyone better luck.  Mine is going back.

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow