Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Lively
Senior MemberPosts: 1,437
Like?
Lightroom vs DXO Optics Pro
6 months ago

Does anyone have any samples they can post showing the differences between these 2 raw converters?

I currently shoot raw and use Lightroom to manage/organize my photos and process them into JPEG. In general it works pretty well but I occasionally have to manually correct for things like vignetting and CA. And while it uses the data in the EXIF to correct for distortion it sometimes does not remove all of it. From what I have read DXO Optics Pro automatically corrects for vignetting, CA and does a better job of removing all the distortion. I would still use Lightroom to manage and process most of the photos but export certain pictures to DXO instead of trying to manually correct them for vignetting, CA, etc.

I was going to download the free trial but would like to know how well it will work with the Panasonic 12-32 in particular. DXO has not tested that particular lens yet and I am still waiting for B&H to get a shipment of them so they can send me one. This lens is one where there is quite a bit of distortion even after it has been corrected using the built in distortion data.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow