Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jkjond
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,857
Like?
d610 wedding shots - Father marries his daughter
6 months ago

I'm liking the 610 more and more for weddings. The 700 goes along too, but I'm increasingly switching its lens to the 610, especially for tricky light with huge dynamic range or low light. The U1/U2 is what seals the deal - it hums along in A mode with auto iso with minimal attention allowing for easy aperture changes on the fly, then swiftly goes to M with flash when required, then the 24mp files are plenty large enough for fine tuning crops and I export them at 4500px widest to get them to a more sensible size for uploading to the client gallery.

The flower girl made good use of the 700 matched with a 50mm to keep the weight down for her!

Interesting wedding, a rare case of a father marrying his daughter - her father being the vicar.

Get well soon peter :~)

Next d610 test - mountains in lousy weather, just as soon as a find a decent coat to wear.

-- hide signature --

Wedding and fine art photographer based in the Lake District, UK

Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
:)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow