Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave Chilvers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,175Gear list
Like?
Glad I kept some Canon gear
6 months ago

I did sell off a lot of my Canon gear and MF lenses because of how pleased I was/am with the xpro1 and xe1. I held onto my 5d3 and was trying to decide whether to go the whole hog and sell it and my better Canon lenses.

I was offered a day out on the Norfolk Broads in the UK with a friend when he launched his small craft for the first time. As you can imagine on the move and standing up through the sun roof made taking the shots a bit tricky but using a bit of bracketing and taking more shots than usual I managed to capture some really good images. There is no doubt in my mind that the speed of the 5d3 combined with keeping the 17-40 on the camera to minimize camera shake etc allowed me to capture many usable images at iso 200.

No problems carrying the heavier gear because no walking involved and I`m decided now to keep the Canon gear as what we all know and suspected it`s horses for courses where photography is concerned even if some of the gear doesn`t get used as often as it used to be there are times like yesterday when having the choice is what gets the images in the bag. Also, I managed quite a bit of video with the 5d3 more so to show my wife what the trip was all about.

Dave

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope
http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/latest_images

Dave Chilvers's gear list:Dave Chilvers's gear list
Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow