examples - Nikon skin tones are fantastic (canon on same level?)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
z2122
Regular MemberPosts: 210Gear list
Like?
examples - Nikon skin tones are fantastic (canon on same level?)
2 months ago

a used canon APSC for 5 years and switched this year to Nikon D610. I am really happy - the D610 is a amazing masterpiece for that money. before i bought I read a lot on this forum and was aware of a AF system that is maybe not so top (compared to D800 or D7100 ) and a read a lot about skintones. Reading some posts here, I got the opinion, that Nikon skintones are not as good as Canon skintones. Now I was with some friends in Croatia. Friend of mine has a 5DMkII with a 85 f1.2L and I used D610 with  70-200 f4. I have to say, that I am fully happy with the skintones. Also AF is very good.

this are pictures that were taken without special arrangement and it was not the intention to make a comparision. this idea popped up, when i got the pictures from my friend and found out, that there is the same situation and the pictures are similar. RAW and little bit of contrast in LR.

Waht is your opinion about skintones?

D610

5D MKII

z2122's gear list:z2122's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D610 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow