What lens to take w/ my XT1 for backpacking trip to Europe?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
intheswim
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
What lens to take w/ my XT1 for backpacking trip to Europe?
5 months ago

I'm heading over to Europe for the summer. Will be backpacking around cities, exploring and doing a bit of hiking.

I'm trying to pack as light as possible as i'll be carrying everything with me always.

Normally I wouldn't take a battery grip with me but i just got it and it doesn't seem to heavy and fits perfect into the lowepro toploader zoom 45 AW II i have.

I definitely want to take my 14mm 2.8 for lanscapes/cityscapes but then I can't decide between the kit lens or my 23 1.4 as a 2nd lens.

I'd like to do a bit of portrait work with my gf who will be with me but taking the 60mm macro doesn't seem worth it? Would the kit or the 23 make do better for this, or in general for the trip?

Also the 14 and the kit are both 58mm so I could still order a circular 58mm neutral polarizer

in time which could be good? for the 23 i already have a B+W ND 0.6.

any help is appreciated thanks!

intheswim's gear list:intheswim's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow