S95 Dust on Sensor or Inside Lens. I got it out!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dougeryb
Contributing MemberPosts: 520Gear list
Like?
S95 Dust on Sensor or Inside Lens. I got it out!
2 months ago

Was preparing my S95 to take to my kids function and was running it through its paces just to check everything out before heading out and noticed what appeared to be a big speck on my test pictures.  I tried gently tapping the camera with a finger to see if I could dislodge the dust, but no luck.

Getting ready to just live with it but then tried one more thing.   I turned on the camera so the lens was fully extended, took my rocket blower and put the tip right on the tiny crevasse between lens barrels, and blew some serious PSI into the cam.  Went all around the crevasse, then the same thing in the crevasse between the barrel and the camera body.

When I turned on the camera, there were 15 specks!  Just kidding...

When I took some test shots, the speck was gone.

If this were a new S110 or RX100III, I probably wouldn't have force that much air into the camera, but being an old S95, I figured if it got worse, I'd sell the cam and pick up a new P&S.  (for those who are wondering, I would tell the potential buyer that there was dust on the sensor).

Just thought I would share this in case anyone had the same prob and doesn't mind taking a chance.

-- hide signature --

Gear: Anything to shoot with, be it a phone, a disposable camera, or my kids Nerf digi-cam.

Canon PowerShot S110 Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow