ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OUTTHERENJ
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
sony a99 vs a77 iso quality
5 months ago

hey fellas,
i have a question about the a99 as it relates to the a77.
I have the a77 and on almost all counts, i like it more than my partner's 7d, except with regard to iso, where the a77 is pretty bad. I'm generally not comfortable using anything higher than 800 iso, due to the quality of the outcome as i have experienced it over the course of a few months and a number of different lenses some prime, some zoom, some constant some variable. 
i haven't found any good way of setting the camera up for the best quality in a high iso situation, and i dont know if there is any way to improve that, but this is only a sidenote.
my main question is regarding the quality of the a99 vs a77, with respect to iso, because i'm planning on buying a full frame camera and while i wouldn't mind trying to go with a canon or a nikon, i would like to stick with sony because i do like it a lot, but also because i have the lenses to start with. my only concern is whether or not the iso holds up better than my a77 and on if it's par or better than a comparable canon or nikon. 
Any thoughts on this, and/or optimal low light settings for my a77, would be appreciated. Thanks

Canon EOS 7D Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow