DP1 stuck lens problem (I'm intending to DIY it!)

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
afterswish1
Contributing MemberPosts: 694
Like?
DP1 stuck lens problem (I'm intending to DIY it!)
6 months ago

Well, a few weeks back I posted about an auction purchase I'd made of an original DP1. I'd intended to buy a DP1s but the seller had made a mistake on the listing.

Anyway, I kept the camera and was very pleased for somewhere around fifty shots, when the lens came out and stayed out. It is now unfortunately totally unresponsive, and I can hear a little clunking noise when I move it.

Since Sigma have quoted more than the cost (to me) for the repair, I'm considering taking it apart and fixing it at home. I've already found a fair bit of info on the matter on this forum and a couple of other websites. I'm just curious to hear from anyone who actually managed to fix this issue at home, or even from someone who tried and failed.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

One thing I will point out is that assuming I go ahead with my plan I'll be filming the whole process. That should make it harder for me to mess up the reassembly, and also enable me to provide some assistance for anyone else in the same position.

-- hide signature --

Gravity will make you crazy until you get the hang of it.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP1s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow