Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
James Pilcher
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,614Gear list
Like?
LX7 - I gave in
1 month ago

My LX7 died. Many of you here know that. I decided to wait until the July announcement of the LX8/9 to see what Panasonic comes up with. I'm still planning to do that, but...

My local camera store got in a pristine used LX7 just the other day. No box, no other goodies, just the camera, lens cap, battery and charger. The glass is perfect. I talked them out of this beauty for $139. Of course, I have a box. I have all the goodies, including the filter adapter and electronic viewfinder. The camera, so far, seems to be in factory fresh condition. I'm a happy camper once again.

I still await with interest the announcement in July. A 1-inch sensor and built-in EVF, ala RX100 III, will be hard to ignore. I sure hope it will take filters. One important reason I was drawn to the LX7 is its ability to conveniently use a polarizer.

I also have my eyes on a Leica X Vario. Sigh. Is there a pill that gets rid of G.A.S. ?

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA

James Pilcher's gear list:James Pilcher's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +8 more
Leica X Vario Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow